Salary: £25000 – £30000 per annum
Closing Date: Input on 6/05/15
Location: Milton Keynes
The client is looking for a Social Media Manager to drive brand awareness and engagement, operational efficiencies and supporter and customer care.
Reporting into the Digital Marketing Manager and working closely with colleagues within the digital team and across the organisation and our partners, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the social media communities, social media strategy, content planning, copywriting and asset creation.
The client is a well known charity covering the UK. They have a developed digital team and look to grow their online presence through social media.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the day to day community management of their social media channels with specific responsibility for Facebook, Twitter (including Vine), YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr and Flickr.
* Respond to all comments and questions in a timely, friendly and sensitive manner, flagging to colleagues where appropriate and seeking responses from the relevant internal experts to help with the response
* Proactively plan social media campaigns and content based on the long-term marketing strategy and campaigns
* Reactively know a good story and opportunity and maximise it using the best type of content, with distribution through the appropriate channels
* Ensure that negative social media comments are managed honestly, efficiently and in a timely way to minimise reputational damage
* Work with their customer care team to ensure customer queries are answered efficiently
* Train and support colleagues, partners and volunteers to enable them to maximise their use of social media
* Use tools such as Hootsuite, Gorkana and Google Analytics to monitor and report on social media activity
The Social Media Manager will have digital marketing experience, with around 2 years managing the day to day operation of a social media account across different platforms for a major brand or organisation.
* Track record of increasing reach and engagement through management of social media accounts
* Demonstrable passion for social media community management and ability to foster on-going engagement across platforms
* Experience of delivering significant social media marketing campaigns, ideally including paid for media
* Experience of working in a charity is preferred but not essential
* Excellent Photoshop and picture editing skills, with a keen eye for design
* Experience of filming and editing short form video content for social media
* Creative thinker with impeccable persuasive copywriting skills
* Enthusiasm for ever-evolving social media trends, and the digital marketing landscape at large
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; must be a team player
* Diligent work ethic; some flexible weekend/evening work will be required
* Strong time management and organisational skills
* The drive to promote the use of social media across the organisation
* Experience of running a live Facebook/Twitter Q&A with senior members of staff
To Apply: Click here