What is your smart city?
This festive season, Community Action: MK are delighted to invite all citizens of Milton Keynes to take part in the photography competition that will portray the photographer’s take on Milton Keynes as a ‘smart city’.
Whether you are an aspiring photographer or enjoy taking pictures, or just have a camera lying around, we would love for you to take part. You can win one of the our fantastic prizes, which include:
- A free place on the 10-week ‘Digital photography: creating and sharing better images’ course provided by The Open University and The Royal Photographic Society
- £100 centre:mk vouchers
- MK Dons Family Voucher
- Venture Photography Studio Voucher
- * More prizes might be added!
The photo competition will run until Friday 8th January. It is open to all citizens aged 16 and over, who live in Milton Keynes. Photographs must be taken within the boundaries of the Milton Keynes Borough! You can apply to the competition if you live or work within the Milton Keynes Borough.
Shortlisted photographs will be entered into an online citizens’ vote via the competition website: www.mksmartphotocomp.wordpress.com, which will be published in mid January.
Winners will be announced on Friday 5th February at the Gallery 200 space at MK College (Silbury Campus) during a networking event for the MK:Smart Project! To come along to this free event, register here.
The competition is organised as part of the Citizens Workpackage of the MK:Smart project, a city-wide initiative, led by the Open University, that aims to transform Milton Keynes into a smart city. This involves using digital technologies and data to better manage the city and improve the quality of life for citizens.
Here is how to enter:
- Go to www.mksmartphotocomp.wordpress.com/entry
- Complete the online entry form and share a URL to your photo (or send it to us via e-mail)
- Tell us why you think your photo represents a Smart City (remember: all interpretations welcome!)
To find out more about the competition and enter, visit:
We look forward to receiving your photos! 🙂