Trustee with MK Community Foundation
Closing Date: Midday, 29 February 2016
This is an unpaid role
MK Community Foundation are seeking exceptional people to join their volunteer Board of Trustees, to take their work forward and achieve their ambitions for 2016 and beyond. They’ve just had their most successful year ever, putting more than £1.6 million into supporting local charities.
MK Community Foundation is an independent charity working for and at the heart of Milton Keynes. They connect people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive change and long term solutions for their communities. Their vision is for a thriving Milton Keynes where everyone is contributing to their community.
They achieve their goals and vision by:
* Inspiring philanthropy in people and organisations to support their local communities
* Championing the work and changing needs of their voluntary sector
* Providing long term support through its grant-making and property portfolio
The Board of Trustees is seeking applications from people who have a commitment to community issues with professional knowledge and skills. Whilst they are seeking skills in philanthropy, marketing, property and the voluntary and community sector, they also welcome applications from people with other areas of expertise.
Become a Trustee of the Board
The Board is responsible for the governance of not the day-to-day management of MK Community Foundation. Each Trustee needs to be prepared to give their time and expertise to make an important contribution to the Community Foundation’s strategic aims, which requires having the interests of the community at heart and includes:
* Making a commitment to the regular attendance at Board, and other Committee meetings
* Attendance at a range of receptions and events
* Involvement in the Community Foundation’s grant and philanthropy activities
* Supporting and maintaining awareness of the Community Foundation’s activities and also those of the local voluntary sector
* Embracing the Community Foundation’s values and being an ambassador for the Community Foundation
Please apply in writing to Emma Wilkinson, email@example.com by Monday 29 February 2016. Please email Emma or call 01908 304432 if you have any queries.
Those short-listed will be invited for an interview.
Charity reg. no. 295107