HR Manager (Operations) – Fundraising, Marketing & Communications with World Vision
Salary: £30,161 pa (pro rata) + good range of benefits
Terms: 12 months fixed term contract – 30 hours per week
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 10 April 2016
Your HR experience can help change children’s lives for the better
As World Vision continue their mission to create a sustainable, high-performing World Vision team of passionate Christian professionals, they are keen to appoint an experienced and resourceful HR Manager within their People & Culture team. You will support the Marketing & Communications and Fundraising HR Business Partner (HRBP) and help implement World Vision UK’s People strategy by delivering a professional HR service.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Provide HR advice and coaching to managers in the Marketing & Communications and Fundraising group on matters including Terms & Conditions of Employment, policy and process, recruitment, international travel, immigration and visa applications and the World Vision Partnership
- Conduct a review of their HR policies by reviewing changes in employment law and how these will impact their policies and processes
- Take part in job evaluation panels and support the People and Culture team during recruitment, especially when the team experiences a surge in recruitment activity
- HR budget analysis and reporting, liaising with Finance where appropriate and reporting back to Marketing & Communications and Fundraising
- Provide support to the HRBP in carrying out appropriate talent management interventions and updating succession plans
- Act as the point of contact for Child Protection queries for Organisational Effectiveness (OE) and represent OE at quarterly Child Protection meetings
- Support special investigations that may take place and provide accurate advice to line managers involved according to WVUK policy
Educated to degree level, you will ideally be part CIPD qualified and/or have a proven track record of coaching and supporting line managers on people management issues. This role will also give you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of HR policies, processes and procedures and take the lead in supporting a group of managers in their day-to-day HR activity and people strategy.
By nature, you are self-motivated, detail-conscious and an effective working relationship builder, confident operating at all status levels. Experience of HR management, recruiting, and working with budgets and spreadsheets is required and other key qualities include the ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload, at times managing competing demands.
As a Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
If you believe you possess the necessary skills for this role, World Vision’s People & Culture team welcome your application.
To apply click here where you will be directed to Charity Jobs website
Please note that if response for this role is higher than anticipated, World Vision reserve the right to commence interviews and appoint before the published closing date.
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
No agencies please.