Community Action MK are celebrating volunteers week which runs from the 1st – 12th June 2016. We are inviting businesses large and small to work collaboratively and bridge the gap with community organisations, charities and schools. Our aim is to ensure everyone across Milton Keynes is given an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our thriving city.
‘Employee volunteering is great for building strong and resilient teams in the current challenging economic environment and so it’s good for the businesses and their employees as well as the community groups they help. At CAMK we aim to provide easy access to quality opportunities. Our prep work ensures employees and groups all have a valuable time. Employee volunteering develops a greater sense of community and makes Milton Keynes a better place to work and live.’ Tim Marren CEO of CA:MK.
CA:MK will identify and create a range of projects that individuals or teams will be able to choose, throughout the week. We will coordinate the volunteers to ensure that the activity benefits everyone who takes part. CA:MK will collect feedback and create an evaluation report for the week, so, if you are in charge of volunteering at the employer end, you’ll have information to show the opportunity has been a success for you .
The cost to take part in volunteers week will be £30 per volunteer. This will contribute to the resource of CA:MK staff time.
Here are some volunteering opportunities that you could be involved with…
- Fancy a breath of fresh air working on a variety of outdoor tasks with a local community farm, activities will include: painting, scrub clearing, small-scale construction and planting. Thursday 9th. Volunteers needed 25.
- Get down and dirty to clear the way to extend our local canal. Safety equipment will be provided. Thursday 2nd June. Volunteers needed 20.
- Be a part of history by volunteering for a National Charity to help preserve their gardens for everyone to enjoy for years to come. They are able to accommodate teams throughout the week (not 2nd June). Teams can be 20+.
- Help a school to deliver employability skills to their students to prepare them for the future. Wednesday 8th June. All welcome.
- Deliver skills for life coaching to homeless young people. This can be helping them to budget, cook, shop or just a general chat to help prepare them for when they are successful in securing a home of their own.
- Sailing is one of the very few sports in which able-bodied sailors and disabled sailors can participate on equal terms. This group are inviting volunteers to go along to support them to get onto the water. They also keen to show volunteers how it is done and encourage them to get onto the water too! Sailing will take place on Wednesday 8th June 12-5pm.
If you would like to get involved with any of the above activities please contact Tracy Pearson 01908 661623 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.