Experienced Cook – Community Cafes / Charity with MK Christian Foundation
Salary: £15,000 – £16,000 pa
Terms: Permanent. Full-time (37.5 hours, 5 days a week, 8.00 am-4.00pm, very occasional weekends, job share considered)
Location: Wolverton, Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 19 August 2016
A Milton Keynes based Social Enterprise, with community cafes in Central Milton Keynes and Wolverton, is seeking an experienced Cook to prepare food in their community cafés and for their buffet and take-away service.
Their enterprises as well as serving fresh, healthy food also provide learning opportunities for young people looking to get back into education and employment.
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
You will be expected to:
- Prepare food to a high standard and to clear time schedules
- Support the engagement and learning of trainees in the catering enterprise
- Be committed to serving healthy, fresh, seasonal, locally sourced and fairly traded food
- Maintain high standards of food safety and hygiene
- Provide excellent customer service
- Previous experience in cooking and catering
- Catering qualification desirable
- Food hygiene qualification desirable
- Experience of working with young people
- Good basic maths and English
- Team Player
- A driving licence and access to a car desirable
If you would like to apply for this position, please click here where you will be directed to Charity Jobs website, you will be asked to attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to MK Christian Foundation.
No agencies please.