We held our first annual MK Volunteer Awards alongside our AGM this week, and thanks to all the attendees, members, trustees, staff and the Mayor it was such a wonderful occasion.
There was a tremendous turnout. A total of 94 people attended, including representatives from many local groups such as Healthwatch, Dogs for Good and MK Reader Service.
Congratulations to all of the Award Winners. Their hard work, dedication and commitment does not go unnoticed. Our 2016 winners are:
- Longevity Award Winner – Brian Aldous (National Museum of Computing)
- Diversity Award Winner – Padma Cheriyan (RNIB and Our MK)
- Innovation Award Winner – Michael Sheppard (Transition MK and Our MK)
- Sports & Activities Award Winner – Jo Millington-Wallace (MK Snap)
- Trusteeship Award Winner – Hilarie Bowman (Transition MK)
- Young Person Award Winner – Holly Knox (MK Food Bank)
A special congratulations also to all those volunteers nominated, without whom such events would not be what they are. All winners and nominees can be found on our website, and look out for their stories in upcoming CA:MK blogs.
A lot of credit goes to the tireless CA:MK staff for making the day every bit of the success it was. From running stalls and organising tasks on the day, they began preparation months ago and never let up. Their passion and dedication for the organisation and our partners makes events like this what they are. Thank you, all!
We’d like to say a final special thanks to Festive Road who made our fabulous award trophies. They looked fantastic.
For pictures of the event, click here or go directly to our Facebook page where you can also like and comment on them.
Follow #MKVolunteerAwards to see ongoing news about the event.