We are moving across to VC Connect
We would like to inform you of changes we will be making, as of 31st October. We will no longer be using http://www.do-it.org to advertise roles and recruit volunteers. We will be be going live with our new database VC Connect, a volunteer recruitment platform for Milton Keynes. Any roles that are currently live on http://www.do-it.org have been migrated from do-it to the new database.
This is a great way to promote your volunteering roles where local people can register their interest. We would encourage you to register by using this link.
Volunteer Connect enables you to:
- Login and update your details
- Advertise your roles
- Manage & track volunteers who’ve registered interest in your roles
- View their profile before inviting them to apply
- Choose how you want prospective volunteers to contact you
- Search our Volunteer Bank to find suitable volunteers
- Keep track of all your roles, past and present
Registration is free. Once you have registered, you can add volunteer roles to your organisation profile. Within five working days we will check your registration details and contact you if further information is needed. This is to make sure that all organisations meet our criteria and our minimum quality standards. When you have been approved we will email you and your roles will go live on the website.
Prospective volunteers using Volunteer Connect can:
- Sign up & create their profile – a quick & easy process
- Edit their profile and preferences
- Search for suitable volunteer roles
- Login and see invitations from you to apply for positions
- Get email updates on new roles
We will of course continue offering information information and advice via:
- Weekly drop-in advice session: every Thursday 10 am -12 noon at Acorn House
- 1:1 appointments
- Our monthly Bulletin which lists all the latest volunteer roles – this can be downloaded from our website or picked up as a paper copy from our office (coming soon!)
To find out more about our volunteering service, click here.
The information we hold about your organisation and your roles will be kept on Community Action: MK’s database. Only role information and your contact details will be made publicly available via Volunteer Connect. You will enter and manage your own information on our system. Your data will be held on our secure servers. Community Action: MK will not share your data with anyone else without your permission.
Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions.