MK50 Events toolkit: helping local communities get involved in Milton Keynes’ 50thBirthday
Milton Keynes will be celebrating its 50th birthday in 2017 and to help everyone get involved the MK50 Project Board has put together a handy MK50 events toolkit, available at www.mk50.co.uk.
Planning an event can be a lot of work, so the events toolkit is designed to make it that much easier for the local communities and citizens of Milton Keynes. The toolkit includes information on where to begin, how to keep the event and everyone involved safe, advice on recruiting volunteers and how to make it fantastic and appropriately themed for MK50.
There is a list of the city-wide initiatives happening in 2017 that groups can celebrate in their own way. Local communities can get involved in the MK50 Birthday Weekend on the 20-23 January, ‘Let’s Party Like its 1967’ on the 23 – 24 June and the MK50 Heritage Open Days on the 7 – 10 September, as well as throwing their own MK50 celebrations.
The full list of information provided in the events toolkit is:
- Things to consider: venue, date and time, type of event, materials, audience, volunteers
- Budget: how much money you need to run your event, how much money is available to you, where can you get more money from, what support can you get?
- How to register your event online for MK50
- How to promote your event
- Health and Safety
- How to evaluate your event
- Resources and templates: Risk assessments, sample Child Protection policy, event feedback forms, event checklist.
- Useful links for further information
Anyone interested in planning an MK50 event can find the events toolkit in the ‘Get Involved’ section of the MK50 website under ‘Resources’. Click here to access the PDF version.