Senior Philanthropy Executive (Major Donors) with World Vision
Salary: £30,763 – £32,573 pa + good range of benefits
Location: Milton Keynes and Frequent UK wide travel, and occasional field trips overseas
Closing Date: 16 January 2017
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day they bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. They are proud to be ranked in 9th place in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For’ in 2016.
They are looking for a Senior Philanthropy Executive to join their highly motivated Philanthropy team. With your exceptional relationship skills and natural ability to work independently, this is a fantastic opportunity for a high-performing major gift fundraiser to make a huge difference in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Creating individual donor development plans for a caseload of approximately 60 major donors – thereby raising significant funds from both existing and new major donors
- Meeting activity and income targets through the use of prescribed internal processes and appropriate face-to-face asks
- Developing effective and influential relationships with major donors
- Using innovative and inspiring ways to thank donors and demonstrate to them the impact of their gifts
- Contribute to shaping the vision of growth in this area of fundraising
- Coach and support the Philanthropy Executives, whilst role modelling best practice in fundraising
Degree qualified and/or possessing professional qualifications in marketing and fundraising, you must have solid experience in a major gift fundraising role or similar discipline (sales, high level relationship management), a proven ability for prospecting new support and a natural drive and hunger to succeed.
An excellent communicator, full of creativity and ideas, these qualities will enable you to present the needs of the children and communities World Vision serves in a fresh and compelling manner. Frequent UK wide travel, and occasional field trips overseas to visit their projects will be required.
Their Christian identity underpins everything they do, so as an active and committed Christian, this role will give you the opportunity to integrate your faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary indicated, benefits include pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement and free parking at their Milton Keynes offices.
Please click here to apply where you will be directed to Charity Jobs website in order to view the full Job Description, complete the short online application form and upload your CV.
Please note that if the response for this role is higher than anticipated, they reserve the right to commence interviews and appoint before the published closing date.
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer and this role requires the post holder to have a Christian faith as an occupational requirement.