Changes to Charging for Adult Social Care Services
Because of the Council’s financial difficulties, which are due to reductions in funding to Local Authorities and increasing demand from a growing population, they are proposing changes to how they charge for their services. Therefore, from 23 January 2017 to 17 April 2017, Milton Keynes Council is consulting you on a range of proposed changes.
The proposals can be found here.
If you wish to express any views on the above proposals, and have those views considered, please contact the Council by the following means by 17 April 2017:
You can communicate your views:
- By returning the attached response slip (digital version here) to the Financial Assessment Team, Saxon Court, 502 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 3HS
- By email to email@example.com (entitling your e-mail “Charging Consultation”).
- By telephone to 01908 253217 (leaving a recorded message out of hours)
They will also be holding the following events around Milton Keynes to explain the changes and provide an opportunity to ask questions or express your views.
- Manor Road Day Centre at 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday 1st February 2017
- Tower Drive Day Centre at 10:30am to 12:00pm on Tuesday 14thMarch 2017
- Whaddon Way Day Centre at 6:00pm to 7:30pm on Thursday 16thMarch 2017
The Council will make a decision on the changes during May 2017, taking into account responses to this consultation.
Thank you for your time considering the content and for any response that you are able to give to the proposals.