Counsellor (Zero Hours) with Mind BLMK
Salary: £9.54ph (£18,360pa pro rata)
Terms: Part time
Location: Leighton Buzzard, Milton Keynes, Luton and Bedford
Closing Date: 10am on Monday 13 March 2017
This is an exciting opportunity to deliver safe, ethical and effective counselling within Mind BLMK’s counselling service.
Zero per week – ongoing and regular in line with client need and agreement. Flexibility required.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working as a diploma-qualified counsellor, and have recent experience of holding a case load.
- Have an understanding of the range of interventions which promote individual recovery and wellbeing.
- Be able to assess and deal with risk effectively and appropriately.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the use of assessment and outcomes-based counselling.
- Have excellent observation, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong ethics, be trustworthy, impartial and respect clients’ confidentiality.
- Have experience of working with individuals from various different backgrounds.
- Be able to make use of clinical supervision (evidenced by a counselling supervisor’s statement).
- Be able to work within a time limit.
- Have a relevant counselling diploma, recognised by the BACP.
- Be working towards or holding BACP accreditation.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click here where you will be directed to Charity Jobs website where you can download the application pack and application form.
Mind is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
Development & Engagement Manager with Canal & River Trust
Salary: Circa £31,000 with OLA and Car allowance
Terms: Contract, temporary role lasting between 9 and 12 months
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 14 March 2017
Interview Date: 21st March 2017
About the role
In this key role, you’ll use your customer service and relationship management skills to grow support for a local waterway. Among other things, this will involve taking the lead on community engagement and building strong relationships with customers and customer groups. You will also coordinate and support the work of local volunteers and liaise closely with marketing and fundraising teams to link their activities to local waterway plans.
This is a temporary role lasting between 9 and 12 months. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
You’ll need substantial experience in customer service, relationship management and volunteering, and of working with community groups. A strong all-round communicator with great listening skills, you’ll be confident and diplomatic when dealing with customers and will be able to find out exactly what they need. Some line management experience would be ideal, as would an HND or equivalent in business, customer service or management studies. Other qualities they are looking for include creative thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
About Canal & River Trust
One of the UK’s biggest charities, they maintain 2,000 miles of historic canals, rivers, docks and reservoirs, along with museums, archives and the country’s third largest collection of protected historic buildings – preserving them for future generations. They believe living waterways transform places and enrich lives. Achieving this vision will be a fascinating challenge. Come and be part of it.
Canal & River Trust aim to represent the diverse communities they are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. They strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what they do.
To find out more and apply, click here and visit Charity Jobs website using the “Apply on Website” button.
Please quote reference number 2017-4928 when applying.