The Spinal Injuries Association are looking for a Membership Admin Support Volunteer
The Spinal Injuries Association is a national charity dedicated to helping the 40,000 spinal cord injured people in the UK rebuild their lives. Volunteers are a fundamental part of the SIA and they are looking to offer this exciting new opportunity!
Could you spare a few hours a week or even a day assisting their busy membership team?
*Please note SIA are looking for long–term volunteers for this role due to the time invested in training.
Aim of the Role
One of their aims is to increase membership by 50% by 2020, volunteer assistance in this area will enable them to work towards that.
The role of Membership Admin Support will be to help process membership forms either in paper form or via the website. Assisting the team in keeping database records up to date and contacting current and lapsed subscribers so that a high level of service for its members is achieved, and subscriber numbers continue to increase as per the strategy. Volunteer support in this area will enable this busy team to focus on sustaining and retaining members and subscribers as well as welcoming new members to the charity. Volunteers are encouraged to apply for this role if they feel they can make a difference.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collating membership packs as and when requested
- Updating memberships via the database
- Updating standing order payments on the database (monthly)
- Support with tasks around gift aid
- Speaking to service users via phone
- Assisting with mail out and preparation
- Support with updating records on their database and assistance in ensuring data is complete and correct.
Please have a look at SIA’s website for further information