Berks and Bucks Football Association are advertising for a vacancy for County Safeguarding Officer. Salary: £25,000 Per annum.
This is a Full Time role and the selected candidate will work primarily from the headquarters in Abingdon.
The position has a key responsibility to safeguard children and vulnerable adults across the Football areas of Berkshire & Buckinghamshire – in line with legislation and FA policy and procedures. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive and via monthly updates to the Board of the Association.
The successful candidate will be approachable, a team player and have a child-centred approach as well as the ability to maintain this perspective when carrying out the role.
The role encompasses:
- Advising on the implementation of relevant Safeguarding legislation and guidance
- Promotion of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults policy and procedures
- Managing the safeguarding education programme to create positive change
- Strategic planning to address poor behaviour and raise standards in line with the National Game Strategy
- Management of internal Safeguarding procedures ensuring the association remains compliant to current legislation and FA guidance
- Management of poor practice cases within the County
- Referral of child abuse and vulnerable adult concerns to The FA
- Roll out of responsible recruitment practice including CRC Disclosures
- Working in partnership with County FA Governance and Development staff
To apply, you must be passionate about and committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults at a local level. You must be able to work under pressure, sometimes dealing with conflict and possible animosity whilst maintaining confidentiality. In addition you must manage multiple priorities, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to positively influence at all levels.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter with details of your current salary via the online portal HERE.
The closing date is Tuesday 2nd May – 9am.
Interviews will take place week commencing the 15th May 2017.
Berks & Bucks County FA are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced FA CRC Disclosure.
For more information, please visit – http://www.berks-bucksfa.com/news/2017/apr/county-fa-safeguarding-officer-vacancy