There are still opportunities to tap into current European Regional Development Fund Open Calls which will be closing at the end of October.
The ERDF focuses its investments on several key priority areas. This is known as ‘thematic concentration’:
- Innovation and research;
- The digital agenda;
- Support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs);
- The low-carbon economy.
The ERDF resources allocated to these priorities will depend on the category of region.
- In more developed regions, at least 80 % of funds must focus on at least two of these priorities;
- In transition regions, this focus is for 60 % of the funds;
- This is 50 % in less developed regions.
Furthermore, some ERDF resources must be channelled specifically towards low-carbon economy projects:
- More developed regions: 20%;
- Transition regions: 15%; and
- Less developed regions: 12%.
SEMLEP is planning an ERDF information event on 20 July 2017 at SEMLEP from 10:00 till 13:00 to help potential applicants with the development of project ideas and eligibility requirements.
Further information on the event and how to reserve a place will be circulated in June.
For further information on the ERDF, please click here.