Cycle Mechanic – Social Enterprise Worker (FT and PT) with Cycle Saviours
Salary: £16,000 – £17,000 pa
Terms: Permanent, Full time 37.5 hrs a week (Weekend and evenings on rota)
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 23 July 2017
Cycle Saviours is a new social enterprise whose mission is to save unwanted bikes, save the environment and help get people on their bikes. In addition to their work recycling, repairing and servicing bikes they have recently been awarded a large contract to maintain bikes for a new Milton Keynes’ public bike rental scheme and are also expanding their community engagement services to encourage more people to get on their bikes.
You will be an enterprising, environmentally committed, cycling enthusiast with high level cycle mechanic skills who is keen to share those skills with young people and others in their community.
The purpose of this post is to work with and train young people on their pre-apprenticeship programme to engage with the Cycle Saviours enterprise to:
- source, refurbish and sell unwanted bikes and bike spares and repair and service customer bikes
- develop community activities that promote access to cycling
- service, repair and relocate rental bikes (involves driving a small van)
- Be an enterprising, cycling enthusiast with good cycle maintenance skills
- Ideally hold a cycle maintenance qualification
- Have an ability to, and experience of, working with young people
- A passion for cycling and the environment
- Have strong administrative skills
- Qualifications at level 2 or above in English and Maths
- Strong team work skills and an ability to work constructively with others
- A commitment to the completion of work and to the achievement of targets
- Hold a current driving license
There are both permanent full and part-time post posts available. For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position, please click here where you will be directed to Charity Jobs website and can attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to Cycle Saviours.
No agencies please
Learning Manager with Bletchley Park Trust
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000
Location: Milton Keynes
Closing Date: 05 July 2017
To manage sessional, volunteer and visit coordinator staff to deliver a programme of creative formal and informal learning activities
As Learning Manager you are requried to manage, deliver and develop an engaging programme for schools, colleges and families inspired by Bletchley Park Trust’s collections, exhibitions and site. Effectively manage sessional, volunteer and visit co-ordinator staff to deliver a programme of creative formal and informal learning activities with a focus on History and STEAM. To contribute to the development of Bletchley Park Trust’s ambitions.
- Manage the day to day operational delivery of the learning programmes for schools and families.
- Effectively line manage and motivate learning staff to ensure the smooth operational running of formal and informal learning activities.
- Deliver administration duties including reporting, data collection, timesheets and expenses.
- Effectively develop, manage and deliver an onsite formal learning programme for early years, primary, secondary, colleges and SEND ensuring it is relevant, responsive and appropriately challenging.
- Effectively develop, manage and deliver a programme of informal learning activities for families, young people and children inspired by the collections, site and exhibitions, working closely with the Events Officer.
- Deliver formal and informal learning sessions and tours as required
- Produce and write content for formal and informal learning visitors including session plans, teaching resources, family packs, trails and guides engaging with new technologies where appropriate
- Work closely with the Learning Manager (Outreach, Young People and Adults) to develop and deliver cross disciplinary, STEM and history themed learning projects and programmes
- Work collaboratively with Collections and Exhibitions, Communications and Operations teams
- Contribute to the development of interpretation activities and materials for onsite and online exhibitions for schools, colleges and family audiences
- Work closely with the Head of Learning on the development of school and family initiatives
- Liaise with and develop excellent long term relationships with education institutions and community organisations to form partnerships that will enhance and grow learning programmes
- Effectively monitor and evaluate activities to ensure visitor response informs future developments. Engage in research where relevant to improve education delivery
- Maintain learning resources, including digital learning resources and learning spaces
- Manage relevant budget adhering to BPT financial requirements
- Attend relevant training and meetings as required
- Act as a designated lead for Safeguarding as required
- Be committed to Continuous Professional Development (CPD), keeping up-to date and meeting any annual requirement for CPD required of you professionally
- Contribute to the effective management and promotion of equality and diversity.
- Work in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- To work at all times in accordance with the Trust’s policies and procedures.
- To carry out such duties as may be required from time to time by the Trust that is appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Support and assist in the ongoing development of Bletchley Park.
An indication of the time allocations required for the role:
35% Staff management
25% Content and Programming
15% Facilitating learning
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales
To apply for this role click here where you will be directed to Charity Jobs website