Grants Compliance Officer
Posted by World Vision UK
£30,763 pa + good range of benefits Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire,
Based Milton Keynes, part-time hours considered
To manage a portfolio of World Vision UK’s grants in compliance with donor requirements and to be World Vision UK’s central point of contact for all GIK grants which includes World Food Programme (WFP) / World Vision’s Food Assistance Group (FPMG) related matters with responsibility for financial management and compliance of World Vision UK’s portfolio of GIK grants.
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9th place in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For’ in 2016.
Operating as a Grants Compliance Officer within our Policy & Programmes Group, you will take a lead role in providing technical advice on WFP & other GIK grants compliance and financial management by leading on grant compliance, risk , acquisition and grant management of World Food Programme grants on behalf of WVUK and provide financial management of Goods In Kind grant agreements.
Translating your expertise in financial processes and reporting, procurement/grant applications, donor and complex contractual requirements, audits, financial management will be a crucial deliverable for the Grants Compliance Officer, along with building strategic and supportive relationships with key stakeholders to achieve the optimum standards of financial management and accountability.
· Grant contract management: be lead person on all aspect of grant compliance, ensuring grant management standards (e.g. reporting, procurement, visibility, transfer of assets, audit, etc) are understood and applied by WVUK and National Office (NO) colleagues
· Financial processes: manage grant financial processes, including co-financing and other match funding requirements, preparation and submission of financial claims, funding commitments, carry forwards, FOREX and other grant financial issues as necessary
· Financial reporting: manage grant financial reporting, proactively engaging with NO colleagues to ensure reports comply with donor requirements in terms of their presentation and timeliness. Enter food commodity and cash income on PARIS via commitments (match and grant) on a monthly basis. Inform WV’s Global Centre (GC) of GIK income in the form of a journal monthly and check match spend on WVUK records vs FPMG match tracker.
· Provide technical advice: on WFP & other GIK grants compliance and financial management by leading on grant compliance, risk , acquisition and grant management of World Food Programme grants on behalf of WVUK. Provide financial management of GIK grant agreements
· Support for grant applications: support grant applications managed by Programme Grant Officers and colleagues in the wider P&P Group through the development of budgets which meet project and donor requirements, managing donor and NO expectations for co-financing and additional match funding, as well as for recovery of costs.
· Risk management: manage financial and reputation risk by proactively monitoring grant performance, identifying issues, and working with colleagues to resolve these, minimising the potential for disallowed costs
· Monitoring trips: visit NOs to monitor and verify grant compliance and financial management and to deliver grant management training. Using the opportunity to meet donors/local partners as necessary.
· Information management: complete and maintain up-to-date grant information on PARIS, especially financial and risk monitoring data
All applicants must be willing to work within a Christian framework and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 13th August 2017
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
No agencies please.