Philanthropy Marketing Officer
Posted by World Vision UK
£27,000 per annum + good range of benefits, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Fixed term contract 12 months
Based: Milton Keynes
The Philanthropy team at World Vision UK is a high performing team with a great team spirit. We love coming to work each day, enjoying responsibility combined with challenging and varied roles.
As the Philanthropy Marketing Officer, you will deliver high value marketing campaigns that demonstrate to our Supporters the difference that their giving is making. The campaigns will promote the consideration of legacy giving and mid and major donor level philanthropy.
You will work closely with the wider World Vision fundraising teams to ensure all appropriate opportunities are taken to share our philanthropy message with supporters across a wide range of marketing materials and supporter communications.
We are looking for a person who has great communication skills, creativity, able to analyse complex data, and good relationship skills with a wide range of people.
You will enjoy a varied role, with each day being different – from creating concepts, briefing, copywriting, and design, through to project and agency management, data selection, analysis and insight.
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9th place in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For’ in 2016.
Delivering high value Legacy and Philanthropy campaigns
1. Manage the delivery of marketing campaigns that encourage World Vision supporters to consider leaving a gift to World Vision in their wills and for mid-level and major philanthropists;
2. Develop new and innovative ways of communicating the transformational nature of philanthropy gifts through timely and inspiring multi-channel marketing campaigns.
3. Ensure that our messaging and marketing materials accurately reflect World Vision’s mission and Christian ethos and identity, and communicate authentically with our diverse supporter base.
Driving supporter understanding and data insight
4. Work alongside our data and insights team as well as fundraising colleagues, to understand supporter behaviour, develop and implement test plans, measure results and feed learning into future activities.
5. Plan, build and extract data campaigns using our CRM system, working with other stakeholders to deliver data in order to continuously improve supporter communications.
6. Manage relationships with our agencies – design, print, digital, film – to produce communications that engage supporters emotionally and drive them to respond.
7. Working across all teams to maximise opportunities to include legacy messaging across a broad range of supporter communications.
8. Working across teams to lead on at least one direct marketing campaign in the current financial year.
Creating compelling content
9. Build relationships with Policy and Programmes to create inspiring stories and updates.
Communicate with World Vision staff based across our country programmes to gather stories that bring to life the change our supporters are making.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 29th August 2017
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer and this role requires the post holder to have an active Christian faith as an occupational requirement
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
No agencies please.