Under the national Flu Immunisation programme of 2017/18, free vaccination is now available to the following people:
- People aged 65 and above
- People from 6 months of age to 65 years with one or more long term diseases which include; Chronic respiratory disease, heart disease, kidney disease,liver disease, neurological disease including stroke and transient ischaemic attack, diabetes, splenic dysfunction and a weakened immune system due to disease such as HIV or cancer treatment.
- People who are morbidly obese (defined as BMI of 40 and above) are also eligible.
- People residing in residential or care homes
- Pregnant women
- Carers who are in receipt of carers allowance or are main carers of a vulnerable adult or a child
- Children 2 to 8 years of age are also offered vaccination using a nasal spray; 2-3 year olds are vaccinated by their GPs and 4-8 year olds (reception class, year 1, 2, 3 and 4 students) will be vaccinated by their school nursing team.
For more information including where to get your jab, visit MK Council’s Public Health page.