Arts for Health uses art and creativity to improve health and wellbeing. Our work involves curating art exhibitions at Milton Keynes Hospital, commissioning new work for the hospital and delivering a programme of art workshops aimed at improving health and wellbeing.
The current work programme includes:
- Arts on Prescription – art workshops for adults who experience health and wellbeing challenges.
- Headstart – art workshops for young people who experience health and wellbeing challenges.
- Art and Dementia – Volunteer led art activities for people with dementia.
- Step Up – artist development programme for adults who experience health and wellbeing challenges.
- Programming of temporary exhibitions for MK Hospital.
- Care of the MK Hospital art collection of over 300 artworks.
- Commissioning of artwork to enhance the Children’s Unit at MK Hospital.
- Maintenance of four Creative Courtyards at MK Hospital.
We are currently seeking an exceptional Artistic and Programmes Director who can provide strategic leadership to Arts for Health (MK) to enable the charity to strengthen its sustainability and contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of the people of Milton Keynes. The Artistic and Programmes Director is expected to maximise the contribution that the charity can make by effectively managing the financial and people resources of Arts for Health (MK).
The role is based at an office at MK University Hospital and at the Arts for Health Workshop, Kingston Library, Milton Keynes.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years senior arts management experience. Working arrangements are flexible subject to meeting the business needs of the charity.
Fee 1-year rolling contract of c £30,000 (depending on experience and the offer of services). Candidates are asked to propose working arrangements (hours, days, flexibility) in their application.
To apply email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of interest (maximum 800 words) including proposed working arrangements (hours, days, flexibility).
- Name and contact details for two references
For more information contact Sharon Paulger, Programmes Director on 01908 996124 or Maria Wogan, Chair of Board of Trustees on 07837892711
Closing date for applications: 12noon 1 December 2017.
Interviews: 15 December 2017.