Please come and find out more about the –
Health and Wellbeing Strategy for Milton Keynes 2018 – 2028
Monday 5th February from 4.00-6.00pm at Acorn House Conference Suite
Who is this event for? Members of the public and VCS groups who are interested in finding out more about the strategy and feeding into it.
The strategy is centred around lifelong health and wellbeing, both physical and mental, for all our residents. By working to the priorities set out in the strategy MK Council aims to provide safe, active, vibrant and caring communities throughout the city around –
- Wellbeing first – shifting resources to focus on prevention and early intervention
- Closing the gap – reducing inequalities in life chances
- One MK – ensuring an integrated health and wellbeing system across Milton Keynes
The strategy is set out in three sections:
- Starting well – What happens from pregnancy up to the age of 2 has an impact and influence on the rest of a child’s life and we want to get this important stage right when you need help. As a child develops into adulthood we need to strengthen our children’s social and emotional skills and encourage a healthy lifestyle, as building resilience is key to promoting health and wellbeing.
- Living well – We want to do all that we can to make our city a great place to live and work. Research shows that all these things can affect your physical and mental health.
- Ageing well – The population aged 85 and over in MK is predicted to increase by 86% from 4,300 in 2017 to 8,000 in 2030. With this in mind, we need to do all that we can to adapt and meet the needs of this increasing section of our city. We must use all the resources and technologies available to take care of both the physical and mental aspects of their health.
This briefing is being jointly organised by:
Healthwatch Milton Keynes and Community Action: MK.