Milton Keynes Community Foundation have a great opportunity to join their team as a Philanthropy Manager
About the Role:
To develop, support and promote community philanthropy to deliver grant-making that meets targeted impact needs in Milton Keynes. To provide integrated advice and services to people and organisations that have set up funds at the Community Foundation and develop the effectiveness and scale of existing donors’ giving
What we need from you:
- Ability to work with a range of donors and provide excellent service
- Ability to research and provide advice on community needs, and approaches to philanthropy, relevant to donors’ interests and wishes
- Ability to analyse grant applications and make recommendations on them
- Understanding of the voluntary sector and community issues
- Graduate level education or evidence of comparable ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisation, administrative and report-writing skills
- Computer literate and able to be self-starting
- Strong commitment to the values of the Community Foundation, including equal opportunities
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and the ability to cope well under pressur
- A good team player who is able to spport colleagues.
- Willingness to undertake occasnal evening/weekend duties and travel outside the region.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Location: Acorn House, Central Milton Keynes
Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Thursday, 8.30am – 4.30pm Friday
Details: Full Time, Permanent following a six month probationary period.
The Community Foundation:
The Milton Keynes Community Foundation connects people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive change in our communities through programmes such as grants making our annual Charity Car Raffle. We are leaders in developing philanthropy in our community and engaging with people and companies who have the ability to give money so that we can fund a wide range of voluntary and community sector activity. Over the last 30 years, MK Community Foundation has provided over £20 million of support to local charities and community groups through our grants programme and rent subsidies, helping to make Milton Keynes a great place to live and work.
What to do next:
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Karen Cooper on 01908 304432
Application closing date: Monday 16th July 2018 at 9am
Interview date: Week commencing 30th July 2018
*Please note that CVs are not accepted and applicants cannot apply through an agency.*