About the Role:
To deliver high-quality conference, meeting room services – including preparation of meeting rooms, serving refreshments and providing an excellent customer experience. Undertake reception duties; provide administrative support to all Acorn House and Margaret Powell House activities to ensure the smooth running of the venues.
Work as part of a team to develop Acorn House and Margaret Powell House as the central provider of services, resources and accommodation for the Milton Keynes voluntary sector and the wider community, including local small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and statutory bodies.
What we need from you:
- To handle enquiries and bookings of the meeting rooms and conference suites.
- Prepare the meeting rooms and conference suite for bookings, including furniture layout, preparation, serving of refreshments, and managing the multi-media and IT equipment.
- To undertake reception duties, providing a high standard of customer care, welcoming and providing information to all tenants, clients and many visitors.
- To work closely with colleagues to ensure that the administrative tasks of both buildings are identified and met and priority tasks are completed.
- Handle enquiries from tenants and third-party suppliers.
- Liaise with the managing agents to ensure property maintenance is undertaken and take responsibility for keeping the building well organised and maintained.
- To work to an agreed annual plan, which is regularly reviewed by the Director of Operations.
- To take responsibility for the end of day lock-down of the building
Salary: £17,270 pro-rata
Location: Acorn House and Margaret Powell House, Central Milton Keynes
Hours: To work primarily 3.30pm – 7.30pm Monday-Friday but other hours to cover holidays, sickness etc will be required and therefore a flexible approach is required.
Details: Part-Time role 20hrs pw (With opportunities for additional working to cover holidays)
The Community Foundation:
The Milton Keynes Community Foundation connects people and resources to projects and ideas to create positive change in our communities through programmes such as grants making our annual Charity Car Raffle. We are leaders in developing philanthropy in our community and engaging with people and companies who have the ability to give money so that we can fund a wide range of voluntary and community sector activity. Over the last 30 years, MK Community Foundation has provided over £20millon of support to local charities and community groups through our grants programme and rent subsidies, helping to make Milton Keynes a great place to live and work.
What to do next:
If you have any questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Karen Cooper on 01908 304432
Application closing date: Friday 20th July 2018 at 9 am
Interview date: Week commencing 6th August 2018.
*Please note that CVs are not accepted and applicants cannot apply through an agency.*