MK Community Foundation Seeks Trustees
MK Community Foundation seek highly motivated people to join their inclusive volunteer Board of Trustees to play an important strategic role in increasing their impact and reach in the communities of Milton Keynes.
MK Community Foundation is an independent charity working for and at the heart of Milton Keynes. They connect people and resources to projects and ideas that create a positive impact for the whole borough.
In 2017 – 18, they delivered more than £1.99 million to support the local community.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience sought
Whilst they need Trustees with strategic planning, business planning and governance experience they particularly wish to attract people with:
– commitment to local community issues and community development OR
– regional and national voluntary community sector experience OR
– IT and social media flair OR
– campaigning skills OR
– property management; property development experience
Additionally through their Vital Signs initiative, they are hoping to attract people with expertise in very specific areas. Follow the link below for detailed definitions of all these knowledge areas.
Become a Trustee of the Board
The Board is responsible for the governance of MK Community Foundation.
Each Trustee needs to be prepared to give their time and expertise to make an important contribution to the Community Foundation’s strategic aims that requires:
– Making a commitment to regular attendance at Board, and other Committee meetings
– Attendance at a range of receptions and events
– Involvement in the Community Foundation’s grant and philanthropy activities
– Engagement with your own network to introduce them to the Community Foundation
– Supporting and maintaining awareness of the Community Foundation’s activities and also those of the local voluntary sector
– Embracing the Community Foundation’s values and being an ambassador for the Community Foundation
– Becoming a member of MK Community Foundation
Please express your interest in writing to Karen Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org by
Friday 7th September.
Please email Karen or call 01908 304432 if you have any queries.
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 7 th September 2018. Those shortlisted will be invited for interview weekcommencing 10th September.
Charity reg. no. 295107