Community Action: MK invites you to GATHER on Friday 28th September 2018 in CMK.
Networking, discussions and open spaces for the Voluntary Sector in Milton Keynes. All welcome.
– Discover more about the Health & Wellbeing board and what it takes to represent the VCS on it
– Find out how data has been used to plan services for older people in communities
– Explore the latest academic theories of Voluntary Sector leadership and get a Governance healthcheck for your organisation
– Refresh your knowledge of diversity practices
– Contribute to discussions on community led housing and major infrastructure projects
– Learn how to get better at asking for what your group needs
– Imagine a more mobile and equal city centre and how that might usher in a new era of civic life
Stay all day or drop in for sessions – timetable to be released soon. RSVP now.
Supported by MK Community Foundation.
NCVO’s insightful analysis of the Civil Society Strategy broken down into specific areas of focus: https://blogs.ncvo.org.uk/tag/civil-society-strategy/
Volunteers Needed – Please drop in to Hazard Alley at 11am or 3pm on Weds 5th Sept to find out more about volunteering with the. No obligation – just come for a brew, look round and a chat to see how you feel about the idea and the benefits to you.
They’re looking for people to be emergency call operators when the children make their practice 999 calls and for people who can take small groups of children on tours through the safety scenarios in Hazard Alley.
Minimum requirement is 2 mornings, afternoons or evenings a month. Full training given, expenses payable, social activities included and you’ll be joining a very friendly team.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or call them on 01908 263009.