Career opportunities with the Pre-school Learning Alliance
The Pre-school Learning Alliance is the largest early years membership organisation and voluntary sector provider of quality affordable childcare and education in England. An educational charity, the Alliance represents the interests of over 14,000 member settings who deliver care and learning to over 800,000 families every year.
The opportunity Building Better Opportunities: Community Connections Advisor (Maternity Cover) Location: Milton Keynes Department: Development Services Salary Details: £12,142 per annum fixed term contract Building Better Opportunities Enterprising People is a project funded by the Big Lottery and the European Social Fund to provide support for unemployed or economically inactive individuals to overcome barriers to employment. The focus will be on those people who are out of work, furthest from the labour market and people who are most at risk of social exclusion.
We are looking to recruit a Building Better Opportunities Community Connections Advisor to cover maternity leave, whose main duties will include:
- To work to identify defined target groups of participants and network with the agencies that support them in order to meet their needs.
- To assess the needs of individuals in order to support a plan for them to receive “the right support at the right time”
- To give advice on job search opportunities, access to local childcare and sign post to other agencies and partners.
- To support individuals explore Self Employment opportunities.
- Experience in development work with adults, especially in community settings.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to engage positively and negotiate with professionals from a range of backgrounds in order to access appropriate support including appropriate communication skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire and Buckinghamshire areas as required.
Benefits 25 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, pro rata for part time employees Employer and employee contribution pension scheme Regular access to internal and external learning and development opportunities The Alliance operates a Team Recognition Scheme to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity Can save up to 40% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02.
Closing date: Friday 15 February 2019 Interview date: Monday 25 February 2019
To apply for this role or to find out about working for the Alliance and other roles currently available, please go to: www.careers.pre-school.org.uk/vacancies/vacancy-search-results.aspx
The Charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment.