Acorn Early Years Nursery are hosting a number of safeguarding courses delivered by expert Tammie Redman.
Basic Safeguarding Children Course
- Wednesday 13th Feb 2019 (9:30am-12:30pm)
- Wednesday 3rd Apr 2019 (9:30am-12:30pm)
- Tuesday 14th May 2019 (6:30-9pm)
- Wednesday 5th June 2019 (9:30am-12:30pm)
- Monday 8th July 2019 (6:30-9pm)
To provide a basic introduction to safeguarding and child protection, covering the requirements for all staff who work with children on a frequent or infrequent basis.
- Tuesday 14th Mar 2019 (9:30am – 5pm)
- Tuesday 30th Apr 2019 (9:30am – 5pm)
- Wednesday & Thursday 8-9 May 2019 (6:00-9:30pm)
- Wednesday 3rd July 2019 (9:30am – 5pm)
This accredited course is endorsed by the Safer Recruitment Consortium. There should be at least one person on a recruitment panel who has undertaken this course.
Understanding Appropriate Sexual Behaviour
- Thursday 6 June 2019 (6:30pm – 9:00pm)
This workshop will equip practitioners with the skills to use the Brook ‘traffic light’ identification system. Participants will be able to: identify normal sexual behaviour, identify concerning behaviour & use the traffic light system of identification and appropriate responses.
Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 (9:30am-3:30pm) FULL
- Tuesday 7th May 2019 (9:30am-3:30pm)
- Wednesday 10 July 2019 (9:30am-3:30pm)
- Monday & Tuesday 15-16 July 2019 (6:30-9pm)
- Cost £45
- To ensure that designated leads understand their safeguarding responsibilities in relation to the organisation and their colleagues
Designated Safeguarding Lead Update
- Friday 15 Feb 2019 (9:30am-12:30pm)
- Tuesday 12 Mar 2019 (6:30pm-9:00pm)
- Wednesday 3rd Apr 2019 (6:30pm-9:00pm)
- Wednesday 24th Apr 2019 (9:30am-12:30pm)
- Tuesday 7th May 2019 (6:30pm-9:00pm)
- Wednesday 5th June 2019 (1:30-4:30pm)
To ensure that designated leads have been updated on all changes to safeguarding requirements and that their knowledge is refreshed annually.
Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Tuesday & Wednesday 26-27 Mar 2019 (6:30pm – 9:00pm) – two evenings
- Thursday 2nd May 2019 (9:30am – 3:30pm) – one day
- Thursday 4th July 2019 (9:30am – 3:30pm) – one day
This course is designed to meet the ‘Working Together’ guidance of ‘training that equips people to work effectively with those from other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children’.
Working with Difficult to Engage Parents
- Wednesday 6th Feb 2019 (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
To support practitioners to gain confidence in how to engage with parents who are reluctant to engage and challenge appropriately.
Safeguarding: FGM Awareness
- Thursday 7th Feb 2019 (6:30-8:30pm)
- Tuesday 23rd Apr 2019 (6:30-8:30pm)
- Thursday 6th June 2019 (10am-12pm)
To increase practitioners knowledge around FGM and reinforce professionals’ safeguarding responsibilities in FGM cases.
Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness
- Tuesday 5 Mar 2019 (6:30-8:30pm)
- Tuesday 30th Apr 2019 (6:30-8:30pm)
- Tuesday 11th June 2019 (6:30-8:30pm)
To ensure participants understand child sexual exploitation, who is most at risk and how to support them.
Belief in Spirit Possession
- Wednesday 6 Mar 2019 (6:30pm – 9:00pm)
To ensure participants understand who is most at risk, identify the risks and how to support children.
Honour Based Violence
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 (9:30am – 3:30pm)
To ensure participants gain knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of honour-based violence (HBV) and equip them with the skills to support clients effectively.
Domestic Abuse and DASH Risk Assessment
- Tuesday 2 Apr 2019 (9:30am – 3:30pm) – all day
Increase and consolidate practitioners knowledge and understanding of the impact of domestic abuse, including a greater understanding of the problems facing people suffering domestic abuse and the impact on children.
Understand the leave/stay problem and explore Domestic Abuse Stalking & Harassment (DASH) Risk Assessment Tool including Safety Planning.
All courses can also be brought to your setting to be delivered in house, a 1/2 day course can work out at roughly £15 per head for 20 people and a full day course can work out at £30 per head.
Please email me directly for the cost of these and minimum/maximum numbers.