The Support and Development Service Manager’s role is to ensure that through our infrastructure services to groups in Milton Keynes we have a thriving, vibrant and sustainable Voluntary and Community Sector. The post holder is accountable for the design, development, implementation, and coordination of the Support and Development programme for groups working in the Voluntary and Community Sector in Milton Keynes.
Community Action: MK is looking to recruit a Support and Development Service Manager to work 29.6 hours per week on a permanent contract (Dependent on Funding) The main duties are as follows –
1) To design a programme to support groups based on research from our recent State of the Sector Survey, Coordinate the Support.
2) Development and Volunteering enquiries and ensure groups are being given the right support.
3) Support and deliver complex 1:1 visits
4) Work with the Business Development team to prepare funding bids for grants which support this work programme.
5) Monitoring and evaluating the programme, analysing trends and making service development recommendations.
6) Ensure we have a programme of Networking/Convened Events.
7) Prepare and Participate in budget management.
8) prepare internal and external reports and attend meeting required
9) prepare the State of the sector Report.
10) Support a Representation process for Sector Involvement in Strategic Decision Making.
11) Develop a Training Programme for Groups to build their capacity.
12)Line Management of designated individuals.
13) Work Closely with other senior colleges to ensure Support and Development services are working to compliment volunteering development and opportunities for synergy across the organisation.
14) Work Closely with other key stakeholders and agencies to ensure groups are given the best available support to meet their needs and access grant funding or other income streams.
Successful applicants will need an understanding and passion for Community Action MK’s Community Development principles and experience of partnership working and relationship building with key stakeholders, including the local authority, academics, and other community sector workers and residents.
Closing Date for Applications is at 12:00pm on the 10th April 2019
Download the Full Job Description & Personal Specification below
Please complete our application form and return it via post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th April 2019 12.00pm