As a volunteer you can be part of the team that saves lives, whether it’s helping people in the community, providing first aid at events, or supporting the NHS.
Youth Helpers work flexibly as part of our volunteer youth teams and are advised to liaise directly with their Unit Manager/Unit Youth Lead to design the scope of their role and allocate their responsibilities within the unit. For instance, Youth Helpers may be involved in helping to facilitate and run games, activities, and sessions within our Badger Setts and Cadet Units. This may include supporting our young people directly or participating in administration and support tasks to ensure the efficient running of the unit.
Find out more about this role here
How volunteering can help you
There are so many good reasons for volunteering with St John Ambulance. Here are just a few:
- learn valuable new skills
- meet interesting people and make new friends
- make a positive impact on your local community
- attend fabulous events (football games, concerts, parades, etc)
- increase your confidence and self-esteem
- build up an impressive CV
- have massive amount of fun!
Whatever your reason for getting involved, we have the volunteer role to suit you and all the support you need.
Unfortunately we are unable to support work experience placements at this time.
How we’ll support you
Our volunteers take on a lot of responsibility. That’s why we’ll support you every step of the way.
We do this in a number of ways, such as:
- providing you with all the training you need to excel in your role
- opportunities to progress and develop as a volunteer
- make sure you have local support and a point of contact
- access to our intranet (Connect) which has plenty of resources to help you in your role and help you connect with a network of volunteers across the country
- reimburse any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
- the opportunity to express your views and contribute your ideas about how St John Ambulance can improve
- and much more!
Search for other volunteering opportunities with St Johns Ambulance