Gallery Assistant Volunteers are a vital part of the team working to ensure the continuing success of MK Gallery, ensuring we deliver the best quality of visitor experience to all. Gallery Assistant Volunteers work pro-actively to ensure the safety and security of the art works at all times.
- Provide a warm welcome to all visitors
- Invigilate the galleries to ensure the safety and security of visitors and the works on display
- In the event of an emergency support the Fire Wardens with evacuation of the building
- If of interest it is also possible to work with the Exhibitions team to deliver exhibition tours, spotlight stories and introductory talks. Training would be provided.
Ideally you will enjoy talking to and working with members of the public. You may have an interest in the visual arts, music, literature, film or other art form. You will be a conscientious and reliable individual who likes to a part of a diverse and socially active team.
Benefits from this role
- Become a valued member of a team of volunteers and professionals who are passionate about delivering a world-class arts programme in the heart of Milton Keynes
- Enjoy the exhibition and bring a friend! Receive two complementary tickets to MK Gallery’s annual paying show and a copy of the exhibition publication
- Be invited to private exhibition tours with artists and curators prior to opening new exhibitions
- Develop new skills or build upon existing customer service and communication skills
- Gain experience volunteering in a gallery environment and learn about how we run our exhibitions and events
- Enjoy a 30% discount off of food and beverages at the MK Gallery Café Bar
MK Gallery aims to have a workforce that represents a variety of backgrounds and cultures and can provide the relevant knowledge, abilities and skills for the organisation. Anyone who meets the requirements of this volunteer role is eligible to sign up for it irrespective of age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion, social class or other non-job-relevant personal characteristics.
Find out more: https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/b881f42d-18f2-4e68-ad68-4a5f6f064659/1