Community Action: MK is looking for an honorary treasurer to join our fantastic team of trustees.
The Honorary Treasurer:
- Is a qualified accountant, with previous experience in a financial role of a commercial or not for profit organisation of similar or larger size than Community Action: MK
- Has experience of corporate governance, preferably within the voluntary sector, either as a volunteer or as a member of staff, and with some experience of charity finance
- Is skilled in presenting sometimes complex financial information to a variety of audiences in a clear and practical manner;
- Can analyze proposals and examine their financial consequences.
The honorary treasurer has the following additional roles and responsibilities:
- To oversee, on behalf of the Board, the long term financial management
- To monitor the finances and to report to the Board at regular intervals on the financial health of the organisation, ensuring the organizations’ compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including governing documents, and with good corporate governance;
- To guide and oversee and advise the Board on the approval of budgets, accounts and published financial statements;
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures, controls, and risk
- management procedures are in place, and that financial resources are spent and invested, in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and with good corporate governance;
- To be instrumental in the development and implementation of appropriate accounting, reserves and investment policies
In carrying out the role, the Treasurer is expected:
- To keep the Board informed about its financial duties and responsibilities;
- To advise the Board (and the senior management) on the financial implications of any strategic plans;
- To assure the Board that the financial resources meet its present and future needs;
- To understand the accounting procedures and key internal controls to be
- able to assure the Board that financial integrity is sound;
- To ensure that the accounts are properly audited, and to provide financial
- expertise, as appropriate;
- To contribute to the income generation strategy;
- To meet the external auditors independently from the staff (as appropriate);
- To present the accounts at general meetings, drawing attention to important points in a coherent and easily understood way;
- To work in close cooperation with senior management
The Honorary Treasurer is a member of the Executive Committee. From time to time he or she may be invited to sit on recruitment or other panels.
The annual time commitment is expected to be approximately 15 days plus
regular contact with other trustees and staff by email and telephone.
Get in touch!
Contact Laura Jeffery HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or register your interest on Simply Connect