SaferMK is the statutory Community Safety Partnership responsible for formulating and implementing a Strategy to tackle local crime and community safety issues in the Milton Keynes area. The Partnership board is appointing a new Voluntary and Community Sector Board Member and a Deputy. Community Action:MK will be managing the process to enable a wide and diverse range of applications to be considered.
The Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Representative/Advisor on the Community Safety Partnership will be expected to:
- Provide credible representation and a voice for the VCSE sector in Milton Keynes.
- Act as a champion and a critical friend for the VCSE sector within the Community Safety Partnership (Safer MK).
- Motivate the VCSE to work together as key partners in delivering the priorities set out in our three year SaferMK strategy.
- Work in partnership to tackle and reduce crime and anti-social behaviour to improve the lives of our residents, businesses and visitors.
- Be committed to developing the Community Safety Partnership as a high performing function, ensuring that it is in touch with the people and the VCSE sector.
- Facilitate ongoing engagement with the wider VCSE sector on behalf of the partnership.
- Be committed to ensuring that the partnership values diversity and promotes equality and inclusivity in all aspects of its business.
- Provide a good level of attendance at meetings and ensure the deputy is engaged and prepared for their role.
Person Requirements/Relevant skills/Knowledge
The desirable candidate must:
- Have a general knowledge/understanding of community safety and an appreciation of the broad social, political and economic trends influencing it.
- Have experience of working in a collaborative decision making group such as a board level committee or partnership.
- Be engaging in how they communicate, behave and interact with others.
- Be able to make a strong contribution to strategic meetings in a constructive, appropriate and professional manner.
- Be objective and considerate of issues from all perspectives, especially external and service user perspectives.
- Have recent or current experience of working at a senior level for a VCSE organisation (in a paid or Trustee position) in Milton Keynes, and be able to demonstrate legitimacy in representing the Milton Keynes VCSE sector.
PLEASE NOTE: This appointment if for a period of up to three years.
Application Process: Letters of application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 12th March. Interviews will be held on Friday 20th March in Acorn House.