The Mix MK is a relaxed and friendly service for people affected by mental ill health. The group supports local people to make new friends and to access local services.
We are looking for dedicated and friendly volunteers to assist with the facilitation of the sessions:
- Prepare the venue ready for people who are attending
- Welcome those attending
- Serve drinks, and snacks from the kitchen counter
- Enjoy getting involved with the service users in the range of activities available such as arts and crafts, games, playing pool or table football
- Offer a listening ear to service users that may want to have a chat, should the service user need advice or guidance on any issues they are facing, the volunteer will direct the service user to the professionals present.
What time commitment do I need to give?
The mix sessions are held every Monday 1.30 -4pm at Unity Park Station CMK and every Thursday 1.30 – 4pm at Crosslinks, Water Eaton Bletchley.
We need volunteers who can assist in covering these times and or be available to assist with opening the venue prior to setting up from 1.00 pm and closing up from 4pm.
What are we looking for in a volunteer?
- Commit to assisting with at least 2 sessions every month
- Have a non-judgemental attitude
- Friendly and approachable
- Be willing to offer a listening ear
What support will I be offered?
You will have induction training, to ensure you’re comfortable with the environment and the duties involved. Support and mentoring will be provided.
Volunteers are entitled to the reimbursement of expenses they may have to pay as a result of your volunteering activities, so that might include travel costs from your home to where you do your voluntary work.
Get in touch
If you are interested in volunteering for us, please complete the application form below. If you would like to discuss volunteering further you can contact Chibwe (Mental Health Project Organiser) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01908 545 190