2:30- 4:00pm at Acorn House
Contact email@example.com to RSVP
Come and find out more about the VSC Representative role and recruitment process for the SafterMK Partnership Board
SaferMK is the statutory Community Safety Partnership responsible for formulating and implementing a Strategy to tackle local crime and community safety issues in the Milton Keynes area. The Partnership board is appointing a new Voluntary and Community Sector Board Member and a Deputy. Community Action:MK will be managing the process to enable a wide and diverse range of applications to be considered.
The Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Representative/Advisor on the Community Safety Partnership will be expected to:
- Provide credible representation and a voice for the VCSE sector in Milton Keynes.
- Act as a champion and a critical friend for the VCSE sector within the Community Safety Partnership (Safer MK).
- Motivate the VCSE to work together as key partners in delivering the priorities set out in our three year SaferMK strategy.
- Work in partnership to tackle and reduce crime and anti-social behaviour to improve the lives of our residents, businesses and visitors.
- Be committed to developing the Community Safety Partnership as a high performing function, ensuring that it is in touch with the people and the VCSE sector.
- Facilitate ongoing engagement with the wider VCSE sector on behalf of the partnership.
- Be committed to ensuring that the partnership values diversity and promotes equality and inclusivity in all aspects of its business.
- Provide a good level of attendance at meetings and ensure the deputy is engaged and prepared for their role.
Person Requirements/Relevant skills/Knowledge
The desirable candidate must:
- Have a general knowledge/understanding of community safety and an appreciation of the broad social, political and economic trends influencing it.
- Have experience of working in a collaborative decision making group such as a board level committee or partnership.
- Be engaging in how they communicate, behave and interact with others.
- Be able to make a strong contribution to strategic meetings in a constructive, appropriate and professional manner.
- Be objective and considerate of issues from all perspectives, especially external and service user perspectives.
- Have recent or current experience of working at a senior level for a VCSE organisation (in a paid or Trustee position) in Milton Keynes, and be able to demonstrate legitimacy in representing the Milton Keynes VCSE sector.
PLEASE NOTE: This appointment if for a period of up to three years.
Application Process: Letters of application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday 12th March. Interviews will be held on Friday 20th March in Acorn House.