Community Action: MK toolkit
We know there is a lot of information to process, some factual and some hearsay. We have been working on a toolkit to help groups get through this difficult time. This pack aims to filter out the confusing messages and provide straightforward and practical advice for you and your group. (Links below)
- Resources for Voluntary Organisations and Community Groups
- Volunteering Safety Checklist
- PRIORITY Risk Assessment
- Covid 19 – FAQ’s for Groups
- Funding and Grants – FAQ’s
- Governance for Groups
We understand that some volunteer roles may become redundant at this time, or you might be lacking in volunteers due to government recommendations and measures. In this instance please get in contact to let us know if you have volunteers that might be willing to help in another capacity, or any urgent roles in your service that could be filled by volunteers.
- BBC News: Virus-hit charities ‘need substantial support’: Charities are expecting to lose around a third of their income over the next three months due to the coronavirus outbreak, MPs have been told.
- Project Everyone: The Global Virtual Summit Supporting Charities Through COVID-19. April 2nd 2020
12pm – 6pm BST / 7am – 1pm EST
- NCVO – Knowhow (resources have been made free for the time being)
- Business Continuity Management for charities
- Coronavirus: Tech offers available to charities
- NCVO: Key coronavirus legal issues for charities explained. Register to watch the webinar
- Data protection and Coronavirus: If your staff are working remotely, you may need to create new procedures and consider how extra care may be taken to secure information.
- Covid-19 means charities can ask for extensions on filing annual returns
- COVID-19: Changes to DBS ID checking guidelines
- MK Community Foundation – Emergency Response Appeal. This details MKCF’s appeal aims and how to get in touch about funding.
- Martin Lewis is giving grants of £5k to £20k to small registered UK charities, or local arms of bigger charities. Foodbanks, charities engaged in community aid, financial advice help and more – to help with specific UK coronavirus-related poverty relief projects. Apply HERE
- Waitrose and John Lewis pledge to give money to support the communities you live and work in Keep an eye on their news for funding updates – Here
- Neighbourly Covid-19 Community Fund: Micro grants are available for charities and community groups that are existing members of the “Neighbourly” CSR platform, to support good causes that are helping communities affected by the Coronavirus outbreak.
- 93 Sources of Charity Emergency Funding
- NCVO: CORONAVIRUS AND CHARITY FUNDING: THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
- CAF Emergency Fund – New 5mil fund for small charities from Charities Aid Foundation
- Thames Valley Police Funding – New round of funding for charities supporting communities