SARC are running a training and awareness session on inclusive communications for people with sight and hearing loss.
This FREE training and awareness raising session will be focused on sharing practical tools that can allow your organisations to be more inclusive of those with sight and hearing loss. It is vital that we are all learning how to do better and be more inclusive so that everyone can access the amazing services that are on offer across MK. The session will touch on the lived experiences of SARC’s service users and the ways that organisations can adapt.
Below are the general learning outcomes for the awareness training.
- To be familiar with SARC and the services we provide·
- To have an insight into the effects of sight and hearing loss
- To give an understanding of the importance of effective communication and accessible information for people with sight loss
- To give information on good communication tactics for people with hearing loss
- To give information on creating an Accessible environment (for both staff and service users with sensory loss)
- To give an understanding of British Sign Language (BSL)
- To give information on things to consider when communicating with people whose first language is BSL
We hope this free session will allow groups to think about how they communicate information and understand how you can adapt to make sure those with sight and hearing loss can access your services. Spaces are limited please book ASAP – if you do not manage to get a ticket please sign up to the waiting list, watch this space for further training in partnership with SARC on this topic and more!
WHEN: Thursday 29th April, 10.30-12.30pm
Register here: https://inclusivecommunications.eventbrite.co.uk
This event will be online via Zoom. We will send you a joining link closer to the time. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon!