Closing date for applications: 23rd January 2022
Interviews to be held: w/c 24th January 2022
We are a Milton Keynes children’s charity, this year celebrating our 50th year. We have a small, dedicated
team focused on “Making Play Happen”.
Working with the team, we have an exciting opportunity for the new role of General Manager, who will
guide the charity towards its new future.
There are three core services that we offer: play, training, and the provision of resources. These three
together allow MKPA to encourage the development of individuals and organisations through play in the
During the school holidays we deliver many open-access play sessions to over 12,000 children across
Milton Keynes as well as other Play and Crafting sessions during the year.
Purpose of the role
- To lead, direct and manage the charity’s operations including leadership of the employees and volunteers.
- Lead and develop the team, building on our successes
- Coach and guide the team to deliver operational excellence in all operations including, store,
- warehouse, play sessions, equipment rental, admin / accounting and training.
- Pro-actively manage the Charity’s finance and income streams (including fundraising),
- inspiring the team to optimise activity and work to agreed budgets
- To ensure all activities are within the agreed aims and objectives of the charity
- Increase revenue generation from charity activities as well as sources of external funding
- Implementation of operating plan, to support the strategic plan of the charity, ensuring
- revenue and expenditure are effectively managed
- Implementation, review and adherence to effective operating policies and procedures to
- ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Oversee maintenance of all facilities including, premises, store, vehicles and IT equipment
- Develop and oversee relationships with suppliers, sponsors and partners.
- Regular reporting to board on charity performance