Who are the Safety Centre (Hazard Alley)?
Established in 1992, the Safety Centre (Hazard Alley) Ltd is the world’s first interactive, immersive, and memorable safety education charity, spearheading the need to provide safety education to children, young people, and adults across the region. Their geographical patch includes Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire and beyond.
They provide high quality interactive, immersive, and memorable safety education and training to children, young people and adults, teaching them how to stay safe, understand risks and avoid accidents using realistic learning experiences.
The charity’s vision is to see a society where all children, young people and adults have access to interactive, immersive, and memorable safety education and training, enabling safe and flourishing communities
THE VOLUNTEER TRUSTEE ROLE
The Safety Centre is governed by a Board of Trustees. The Trustees are volunteers and are appointed to the board for a three-year term (renewable). They have ultimate responsibility for the sound professional, legal, and financial management of the charity and they set and monitor the strategic direction of the Safety Centre.
The Safety Centre plays a significant role in delivering safety education across the region and it is important the Board represents and reflects the community it serves.
The Safety Centre is a Company and a Charity and therefore its Trustees are also Company Directors. The Board meets four times a year with most meetings taking place on the afternoon of a working day.
You may be asked to attend other meetings and charity events occasionally.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TRUSTEE TREASURER INCLUDE:
- Keeping Trustees informed about their financial duties and responsibilities and support interpreting financial data to trustees
- Acting as the leading interface between Trustees and Chief Executive on financial matters
- Maintaining strong relationships with the Chair and Chief Executive acting as a sounding board when required
- Monitoring the Safety Centre’s financial governance ensuring financial practice is legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Ensuring that the charity applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience of strategic and/or operational financial management/leadership
- Previous experience of working at Board level is desirable
- Understanding of charitable governance structures is desirable but not essential as full induction will be provided
- Commitment towards the main aims and purposes of the Safety Centre
- Inclusive and collegiate approach to Trustee-ship
To apply for the Treasurer Trustee Vacancy in the first instance please contact Derek Prior firstname.lastname@example.org / 07557 261518.