Today’s guest blog comes from Transition Town Milton Keynes, a group of local people concerned about the urgent need to address the climate and ecological crises.
Who are Transition Town MK?
We are working together to improve the resilience of communities in Milton Keynes. We do this through practical actions that advocate for a low carbon lifestyle and social and economic justice. Our core group meets monthly to plan and manage activities.
We a small yet successful group with big ideas, so we are looking for people to join our friendly team and to support or take on the following roles:-
- Event Organiser – coordinating the production of at least one TTMK event, following the outline decisions from TTMK’s monthly meeting. These events aim to educate, raise awareness, and help address climate change by encouraging and creating a more sustainable Milton Keynes.
- Newsletter Writer/Editor – on a rotating basis, create and curate the content for our monthly newsletter.
- Website Content Manager – helping to ensure TTMK’s website content is as relevant as possible to our key audiences, by identifying opportunities to improve the website and carrying out simple updating of the website using WordPress.
- Social Media Evangelist – creating engaging and interesting communications on TTMK’s social media channels.
- Project Organiser – turning our ideas for new projects into reality for at least one project, by working out a plan (with input from others), coordinating and organising activities, getting stuck in and making things happen.
- Fundraiser/Grant application writer – helping TTMK have a greater impact by finding fundraising opportunities or writing compelling applications for funding.
All volunteers will be supported by a longer standing member of the TTMK Committee, with contact available by email, WhatsApp, Zoom or face to face if wanted.
Please contact us at email@example.com or attend our meeting on the first Wednesday of every month from 7pm, held at AIIMI Ltd, 100 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 1FH