Digital Technology Volunteer
Technology can make life easier if you have hearing or sight problems, but knowing where to start is not always easy, this is where BucksVision need your help.
BucksVision offer 1-2-1 and group support to blind and partially sighted people to demonstrate how products, such as tablets and smartphones can help.
Across Buckinghamshire and/or Milton Keynes.
What you will be doing?
They are looking for volunteers with an interest in IT products, such as tablets and smartphones, to share their skills and experience with visually impaired people.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Experience in the use of tablets and smartphones
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, helpful and understanding
What will you gain from the role?
- Working with people with sight loss
- Opportunity to develop existing skills and learn new skills
- Experience to boost your CV
- Sense of purpose.
What support will be given?
- Training Day, including sight loss awareness and sighted guiding
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Support from your Office and Service Delivery Manager and Volunteer Manager.
Criminal Record Check Information
This role may require a criminal record if it involves supporting people within their home.
Interested in finding out more? Email email@example.com