Scrapstore Retail Lead
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and energetic individual able to work under their own initiative to take responsibility for our retail operation, the Resource Unit and Scrapstore, with the opportunity to grow and develop it.
Milton Keynes Play Association is one of the oldest charities in Milton Keynes having started in 1971. There are three core services that we offer; play, training, and the provision of resources. These three together allow MKPA to encourage the development of individuals and organisations through play in the local community. We also offer a wide range of activities and courses as well as stage fun and exciting events across the region.
Job Title: Scrapstore Retail Lead
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Location: Milton Keynes and surrounding areas
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate resource unit and staff on a day to day basis, ensuring the effective operation of the Scrapstore and Resource Unit as set out in our policies and procedures.
- Responsible for stock ordering and supplier negotiation.
- Actively develop new sources of materials to be donated.
- Report to Board on progress at regular intervals.
- General digital marketing duties to promote the Resource Unit and Scrapstore.
Qualifications and Experience:
Ideally you will have the following qualifications, training and experience:
- First class communicator at all levels.
- Recent retail experience, at supervisory/management level desirable.
- Be able to fulfil the role including all of its physical requirements (this will be a very hands on role).
- Be confident in using IT packages – Word, Excel, Sage
- Relationship management, forming and maintaining links with the customers, business community and donors.
- To identify and remain focused on priorities.
- Experience using results of data analysis to implement improvements to the retail operation.
- Understand the ethos behind reusing/repurposing scrap materials as well as how it can be used for play (desirable).
- Full UK driving license.
- Forklift License (desirable, training will be given)
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Encouragement and support for training and personal development.
- A pivotal role in a great team that makes a difference to children, families and the wider community.
£11 per hour.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. As such, this post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an Enhanced DBS.
MKPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MKPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
We look forward to receiving your application!
To apply please send a CV and covering letter email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st March 2019
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 6th March 2019