As part of Community Action MK’s celebrations during Volunteers’ Week (1st-7th June), we will be holding a ‘micro-volunteering lucky dip’ during our volunteer drop in and other events.
We’d love to hear from you if your charity or community group would like to submit an opportunity to the lucky dip. Please complete this short online form and we will contact you to let you know if your opportunity fits the criteria and can be entered into the dip.
To help you work out what you could ask for help with, a micro-volunteering action has some and ideally all of the following attributes:
- Bite sized: can be completed in under 2 hours.
- Non location based: participation can be accomplished from almost anywhere in the world.
- Visible feedback: volunteers like to see how they have contributed and who else is participating.
- Non discriminatory: should be able to be completed by people with disabilities.
- No training: provide an action that has little or no training required.
- Simple instructions: ideally a volunteer should understand how to participate in three easy steps.
- No vetting interviews.
- No registration.
- Free to participate.
- Incentives: provide something for the ‘what’s in it for me’ attitude as in peer recognition or something more materialistic.
- No commitment: think about a volunteer being able to ‘dip-in, dip-out’.
- Flexible participation: action should ideally be globally accessible, 24/7 and not when the volunteer coordinators are working.
- No age restriction: so long as a person is web savvy, then that is normally all that is required.