Community Action MK are working with partners and the community to ensure residents across Milton Keynes are supported throughout this challenging time. We are working to provide strategic help to groups in response to arising challenges as a result of Covid-19.
Please read our full Statement of Role here
Latest news and updates
The Return to Plan A: View the latest guidance and information here.
Free transport from Milton Keynes Council to get to a vaccine centre
If you need transport to get to and from a vaccination appointment or a walk-in session at a vaccine centre, then you can get free transport through these operators. Just quote “MK Vaccine Service” when making a booking from these operators. It is advised to book as far in advance as possible.
- MKHT – call them on 07456220525. Open: Monday – Friday between 9am – 8pm
- 247 – call them on 01908676767. Open: Monday to Friday between 9am – 2pm. Saturday and Sunday between 4pm – 7am. 24 hour availability.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Programme for 5-11 year olds is now underway and local organisations are being asked to support the programme by reinforcing the main messages:
- It is still important to vaccinate as many people as possible.
- Whilst 5 – 11 year olds are not as likely to become seriously ill if they catch COVID-19, it will help protect their school attendance and minimise any risk of passing the virus to more susceptible members of the community
- Further information can be found at the BLMK CCG website
- There is a guide for parents produced by the UK Health Security Agency and the NHS
- Parents who have questions on the vaccination programme or the vaccination of their child can contact the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vaccinations for those aged 5 and over can now be booked through the national NHS booking programme.
Useful links and information
NHS colleagues are asking all organisations to help spread the message that it is still not too late to get vaccinated. ‘The health service continues to deliver the evergreen offer of two initial doses, vaccines for under 18s and third doses for the immunosuppressed alongside the booster programme.’ You can book an appointment here. Details of walk-in centres here.
Below you can find information about volunteering, resources for communities and resources for groups:
Find our what is happening in your area during the Covid-19 pandemic and what you can do to support your community.
We have put together a list of signposts, made up of VCSE groups and organisations (both locally and nationally), which describes adaptations services and support due to Covid-19 and what they are doing now. They are categorised and contact details for each organisation are provided. Click on the title above to access the formal signposting channels.
Click each hashtag below to learn more about each campaign.
We have complied a list of local and national funding streams related to helping VCSE organisations recover from the affects of the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as a list of comprehensive resources and others sites that may have relevant information related to Covid-19 funding. Click the title above to find out more.