This is some information that we have been gathering – we hope it can be of help.
- PETITION: Urgent and human need to reconsider who will & won’t get critical care during COVID-19
- Official delivery service launched by pharmacies for vulnerable customers in Milton Keynes
- Gas and electricity suppliers will not cut off anyone on a prepayment meter during outbreak – Suppliers pledge to help four million vulnerable customers after reaching a deal with government, an article from Independent.
- New rules on staying at home and away from others
- Latest guidance from Gov.UK
- Coronavirus: changes to council services: Some of MK Council services are changing to help protect MK’s most vulnerable people from coronavirus.
- COVID-19: track coronavirus cases
How you can help:
- Community Action: MK: Volunteer during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Community Action: MK: Local responses to Covid-19: What is happening in your area?
- Milton Keynes Coronavirus Community Support: Join the Facebook Group and see the website. The support group was created to connect volunteers in each part of Milton Keynes with local people who need help with small practical tasks and have no-one else to turn to.
- NCVO: Volunteering and coronavirus – How can you help?: Look out for your neighbours, stay safe when supporting others, volunteer with organisations providing support
- Wolverton Old Bath House Don’t Panic Appeal: This is an appeal to our community to pledge what they can to enable us to continue to cover our overheads while the building is not being hired during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- NCVO: Volunteers responding to coronavirus: The coordination efforts going on behind the scenes and the best ways to offer your support.
- Covid-19 Mutual aid UK: There are now thousands of local groups across the country. See up to date list to help you find your nearest one.
Resources for vulnerable people:
- Silver Line is the only free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: 0800 470 80 90
- Age UK – Covid-19 Emergency Service for elderly residents – facilitated locally by Age UK Milton Keynes (*Call 01908 550700 Monday – Friday 9am to 4pm to get support)
- Gov.UK: Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person
- John Lews/Waitrose shopping hours for elderly and vulnerable customers
- COVID-19 Rough Sleeper Protocol
- COVID-19 guidance for providers of services for people experiencing rough sleeping
- The handwashing rap, produced to help people who have a learning disability
- Signhealth are producing BSL interpreted videos of the latest government guidance. Click here to view the videos.
- COVID-19 Resources for autistic people and families – launched by National Autistic Society
Guidance / info:
- Who is my local councillor? You can find out who your local councillor is by using the My Milton Keynes mapping system and entering your post code. Find out what is happening in your area.
- MK Citizens Advice Bureau: We have as of Monday 30th March 2020 re-introduced our email and telephone service. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01908 604475 Mon to Friday 10am to 1pm. Universal Credit helpline – 0800 144 8444 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
- Contacting your loved one in hospital: Please do not contact the ward but call our dedicated family information line on 01908 995963 where a member of staff will be available to assist you between the hours of 9.30am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- SHARE checklist: Before you like, comment or share online, use the SHARE checklist to make sure you’re not contributing to the spread of harmful content.
- Full Fact are dispelling any false information around Covid-19.
- Recommendations for Carers
- Support for Businesses regarding Covid-19
- Public Health England Employers and businesses guidance
- Gov.UK: Guidance for employers and businesses on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Supporting schools & colleges: A guide to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of pupils and students during periods of disruption
- Helpline for children and Coronavirus: There’s a lot of information about Coronavirus in the news. Find out what it is and what to do if you’re worried.
- Resources for worried children: Here’s some advice if you’re worried about Coronavirus
- Public Health England resources in accessible formats
Financial Support and Guidance:
- Step Change – Advice around debt and Coronavirus
- How to spot a Loan Shark
- Turn to Us: Benefits information and grants search for individuals
- The Money Advice Service: What Coronavirus means to you and what you are entitled to
- Covid19 Phishing Emails Reported To Action Fraud: Coronavirus-related fraud reports increase by 400% in March (*If you’re worried about a scam, please call us on 0808 2231133 or email email@example.com).
Taking Care of yourself:
- Keeping Calm through Coronavirus – useful advice from NCS for young people who might be affected by the COvid-19 outbreak
- Mind@work – coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Sport England: Tips, advice and guidance on how to keep or get active in and around your home
- New advice to support mental health during coronavirus outbreak
Self-isolation support and activities:
- Things to do when self isolating – Some great Ideas from Scouts for indoor activities at home for kids when schools are closed or you’re self isolating with coronavirus.
- Online Baking Course – Why not give baking a go with this online course.
- A list of free, online, boredom-busting resources! – Online learning, music, podcasts and more.
Sewn Together Wolverton: We are providing the template for a quilt block that you can make at home. Once the restrictions are lifted, we will gather everyone back together – in person – to join the blocks into one amazing community wall hanging.
- The Digital Concert Hall now free for everyone: he Berliner Philharmoniker invite you to visit their virtual concert hall free of charge
- The Metropolitan Opera Will Stream Operas for Free in Wake of Coronavirus
- Open Culture free colouring books
- Open University Open Learn: Dive in and start learning
- Top 10 virtual museum tours
- The best browser games to play right now
- Free eBooks – Project Gutenberg
- Music classes online
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art Online Gallery
- Encurious Films
- British Sign Language Courses
Covid-19 information translated: (Links Below)
- Albania, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Dari, English, Farsi, French, Hindi, Kurdish, Malayalam, Pashto,
Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tigrinya, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- NHS guidelines translated into 32 languages by Doctors of the World
- Stay at home advice translated in 18 languages
- Key advice for the public in 34 languages including coronavirus symptoms