What is the MK Futures Connectors Group?
Community Action: MK is supporting a project which is all about connecting ‘ordinary’ residents with the Six Big Projects that are going to shape Milton Keynes as we plan for the year 2050.
The MK Futures Connectors Group is a two year stakeholder engagement programme to underpin the MK Futures 2050 work. The connectors group will engage local community groups, representing a diverse range of people, to ensure as wide a participation in the programme as possible. Find out more on the MK Futures 2050 website.
Renaissance: CMK Drop-ins
On 6 March, Community Action:MK, MK Council and City Fibre came together in Acorn House to hold two drop in sessions to discuss the Renaissance CMK project of MK Futures 2050.
We were pleased to see so many faces come to find out about the project and to share their views on how to bring more heart and soul to the centre of Milton Keynes.
There was a lot of information that was covered at the drop ins, such as:
- Hearing from City Fibre, an investor in Renaissance CMK,
- Hearing more about MK:U, the new university coming MK,
- Discussing the redevelopment of Midsummer Blvd East
- Receiving an update on transport projects of MK Futures 2050,
- Getting an overview about the principles of Renaissance CMK and a CMK prospectus that is being developed and,
- Finding out how you and your community can share your input and feedback about MK Futures 2050
You can read about the Renaissance CMK project on the MK Futures 2050 website here as well as explore the five other projects that make up MK Futures 2050.
The next phase of the MK Futures 2050 project involves community outreach! The MK Futures 2050 team at Community Action: MK will be coming out to various community groups and activities in Milton Keynes to gather views and ideas about MK Futures 2050.