Community Action: MK is dedicated to eradicating inequality and upholding social and racial justice in our communities.
Please see some of our resources below and sign up to our newsletter to hear about events, forums and discussions that contribute towards social justice in Milton Keynes.
- Home Truths: Undoing racism and delivering real diversity in the charity sector
- An Unsafe Distance: the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Excluded People in England
- CharitySoWhite: Tackling institutional racism in the charity sector
- Fawcett Paper: Re-thinking equality for post-crisis times: a focus on gender
- The Ubele Initiative’
- Runnymede Trust: Race and Racism in English Secondary Schoolsreport drawing upon insights from teachers, police, curricula and highlighting how racism is deeply embedded in schooling.
- BAME STREAM – Coming together during Covid-19 to bring Black Asian and Minority Ethnic Mental Health into the Mainstream. Survey and Report on ‘Implications and Impact: A Case for Culturally Appropriate Mental Health Service in response to COVID-19
- Oxfordshire Youth Podcast – Are you listening? Black Lives Matter series
Community Action: MK Blogs
- Black Lives Matter
- Inclusion Not Exceptionalism
- Update from MK Fawcett Group
- Covid 19: Asylum seekers, refugees and migrants
- Combating Coronavirus Stigma and Discrimination
If you know of or would like to share any events please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phoenix Fund is now open for applications – Global fund for Children and The National Lottery Community fund are partnering to support the delivery of the Phoenix Fund. This initiative will provide £1 million in emergency funds to BAME communities across England.
More info here from the Ubele initiative who have been involved in co-designing and developing the Phoenix Fund.
The fund aims to put racial justice at the fore of COVID-19 pandemic response. Round 1 deadline: 21st August 2020 Round 2 deadline: 2nd September 2020
Organisations to look at: