Refugee Response & Resources:
Community Action: MK is working hard to support those fleeing conflict, violence and prejudice around the world and welcome people who chose to make Milton Keynes their home. We have compiled a list of resources for groups and organisations supporting refugees and asylum seekers living in Milton Keynes and across the UK.
- Welcome MK – Charity dedicated to supporting refugees and asylum seekers in Milton Keynes.
- Sanctuary Hosting – Housing charity supporting refugees and asylum seekers find safe housing in Milton Keynes
- Foodbank Xtra – Providing food to people in need in Milton Keynes
- MK Community Foundation – Offering small grant funding for groups supporting refugees & asylum seekers in Milton Keynes.
- Safety Centre – Provided a ‘Hazard Alley’ experience for newly arrived families.
- Community Action: MK Signposting Channels – Signpost list to groups and organisations in Milton Keynes.
- Care for Calais – Refugee crisis charity (national but has support group in MK); provides information in common languages; offers help with legal advice (such as asylum interview).
- Refugee Council
- City of Sanctuary UK
- Red Cross
- Citizens Advice
- Council of Faiths
- Migrant Help: offering free asylum helpline (0808 8010 503) the Clear Voice interpreting and translation service
- Asylum Speakers Podcast
- The Kind Place: We are Voices
- Report: Refugee Council report: Lives on hold, the experiences of people in hotel asylum accommodation. The report identifies a range of problems and challenges as a result of insufficient support provided in asylum hotels, giving an update on the situation for people living in hotels, with new information and evidence from the Refugee Council’s services as well as two Freedom of Information Requests.
Health Care & Mental Health Support:
- Registering with a GP:
- Mind: Offering Mental Health Services, including trauma support
- Freedom from Torture – therapy for individuals & offer training for groups
- Mental Health: Migrant Health Guide (government)
- Zero Suicide Alliance – free training (videos) on suicide prevention & awareness
- City of Sanctuary – Mental Health Resource Pack
- Free Ukrainian, Polish, And Russian Translations Of Trauma And PTSD Psychoeducational Resources
- Sanctuary Foundation – Free e-learning course for people supporting refugees & people seeking asylum (including hosts for Homes for Ukraine Government scheme).
- How to claim asylum in UK
- Asylum Support – potential housing service/money whilst waiting to hear about asylum application outcome
- Afghanistan –
To see resources dedicated to the specific refugee campaigns, please visit our dedicated pages below: