This week’s guest blog comes from the British Heart Foundation Shops in Bletchley and Leighton Buzzard, who are looking for new volunteers to join the team:
British Heart Foundation Shops & Stores
In the UK, 1 in 4 of us die from heart and circulatory diseases – conditions like heart disease, stroke and vascular dementia. The British Heart Foundation funds research to find ways to prevent, treat and perhaps one day cure these conditions. This research is as urgent and vital as ever, but it is only possible thanks to public donations and the time given by volunteers. Our shops are the face of British Heart Foundation in the community, helping to raise funds and spread awareness of our work.
Our shop volunteers are the first point of contact for customers when they enter our shops. You will provide invaluable help through the running of the shop, keeping it stocked and attractively displayed.
You can get involved as much or as little as you like by sorting out stock; putting your own stamp on the shop displays or getting trained to serve customers at the till.
Being part of a huge retail team to raise funds is very motivating, you provide the best service possible for the local community and raise as much money as possible for the organisation. You even get a 25% discount on donated goods.
Say hello to the team
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of public support to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.4 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life. Typical tasks include:
• Serving customers & providing good all-round customer service
• Promoting our campaigns to customers
• Promoting instore sales
• Working on window and shop displays
• Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
• Interacting with the general public
You get a lot from volunteering too:
• A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
• The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to British Heart Foundation goal of beating heartbreak forever
• The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
• The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
• Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
• The chance to gain valuable retail experience
Here’s a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases.
By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
To find out more…
Leighton Buzzard Store:
Contact name Claire or Kim
Contact Name Jude