Are you willing, able and safe to get involved with Covid-19 responses – help is needed in local vaccination centres.
Communities 1st are coordinating the vaccine volunteers that are supporting across Bedford, Luton and Milton Keynes. Volunteers are needed across MK. Register now.
Volunteers are needed to undertake a range of roles at the vaccination centre at Saxon Court, including:
- Car park stewards – outdoor and on foot. Warm clothes necessary (also waterproof when rain is forecast).
- Front of House – meeting and greeting patients to check they have appointments and ensuring the flow of patients though the centre (mainly indoors, but can be outdoors).
Volunteers should be able to offer to undertake a minimum of 4-hour shifts. Rotas are covering 8am to 8pm, 7 days per week. Appropriate training, supervision and PPE will be provided to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and patients.
Communities 1st are also able to take on those aged 16 – 17 years, so if you are interested or know someone keen to help, please get in touch!
If you are interested in volunteering at the vaccinations centres – visit their website to find out more and to register.
What else can I do?
- Volunteers are vital to the whole of Community and Voluntary sector – this means other organisations are looking for volunteers and have a range of interesting roles that you could do. Get your DoIt Pass now and start looking at the vibrant sector in MK.
- Check our ‘Local Response to Covid 19’ page to see what’s happening across the communities in Milton Keynes – click here.
- Join the NextDoor social media platform to connect with your neighbourhood – click here.
- Check the Covid-19 Mutual Aid group finder – search by postcode or town to find #Covid support groups across the country – click here.
- Connect with people through these MK-wide Facebook Covid-19 support groups: