PA to Chief Executive Officer ( and Senior Management Team as required)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a PA to the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will play a key role in providing an administrative support service to assist the Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management team as required in the day to day running of the Charity.
JOB TITLE: PA to Chief Executive Officer
EMPLOYING BODY: Community Action: MK
LOCATION: Milton Keynes CAMK Staff Team are currently working from home
SALARY: £11:00 PH
CONTRACT TYPE: 12-month Fixed Term Contract (Possibility to extend) due to funding
WORKING HOURS: 20 hours per week with the occasional need to be flexible to work evenings
START DATE: ASAP
Community Action: MK works with charities, voluntary organisations and community groups in Milton Keynes, providing a wide range of services including development, governance and funding advice, training and networking opportunities and community engagement.
Our Vision is of a good society, composed of sustainable and resilient communities where people have opportunities to be active and engaged and are supported by a healthy and thriving voluntary and community sector.
Our Mission is to educate, empower and enable people and groups to champion the change they wish to see in their communities. Community Action: MK will provide the very best support and give a voice to the Voluntary and Community Sector.
What you’ll be doing
- To prioritise, re-route, draft and respond to correspondence and enquiries verbally or in writing on behalf of the senior leadership team. To take appropriate action to decide with whom and how information is shared so that responses, drafts or briefings are provided in a timely manner.
- To provide support for key strategic meetings, including production and distribution of agendas and papers, taking and circulating minutes. Ensure meeting records represent an accurate account and include all relevant decisions, comments and issues.
- To manage a complex diary, arranging appointments and prioritising meetings according to importance and urgency, taking into consideration the optimum use of manager’s time. Ensure diary conflicts are dealt with appropriately. Ensure all required supporting documents and papers are available in advance.
- To manage travel arrangements for CEO and other senior managers, as required, including booking travel, hotels, conferences, car parking, etc.
- To provide effective communication with internal and external contacts, ensuring that messages and relationships contribute positively to the organisations reputation and credibility
- To regularly meet with the senior leadership team, where appropriate to ensure that individuals are fully informed of ongoing matters, diary commitments and invitations. Ensure any information provided is well-interpreted in order for decisions/actions to be taken and outstanding issues to be dealt with effectively.
- To act as the Single Point of Contact for all internal and external visitors and ensure they are professionally and courteously treated during their visit. Book facilities and refreshments as necessary.
- To research and analyse information and ensure comprehensive briefings are provided to senior managers, working with other colleagues to ensure all relevant information is available in a timely manner.
- To build and sustain effective relationships with external contacts, treating all individuals with courtesy and respect regardless of role.
- To contribute to an environment of continuous improvement and innovation in developing streamlined processes to ensure the service remains lean and focused at all times on priority issues.
- To provide cover for other secretarial support during periods of absence, adopting a team approach to ensure service levels are developed, maintained and delivered.
Essential skills required
- Experience in a similar position.
- Experience of organising meetings and taking minutes.
- Experience in complex diary management
- GCSE Maths & English.
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality and General Data Protection Regulations.
- Excellent IT skills including Google,email, spreadsheets, word processing, databases,PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills .
- Excellent communication skills, organisation and administration skills.
- Uses initiative and is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Community Action: MK undertakes anonymous recruitment. That means hiding your personal identifying information to remove bias from the hiring process.
Equality & Diversity
Community Action: MK aims to promote equality and diversity as an employer and to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable in the context of the policy. Selection, recruitment, training, promotion and employment practices will be subject to regular review to ensure that they comply with the Diversity and Equalities Policy.
Closing Date 8th September 2021 (Midday)
Please note we do not accept CV’s
Why Choose Community Action: MK
Community Action: MK strengthens local voluntary organisations and community groups by providing services and a strong voice on policy issues. Community Action: MK has over 25 years of experience of supporting voluntary organisations and community groups. Our team of volunteers and staff share a single purpose: to help Milton Keynes’ voluntary and community sector meet the challenges of the 21st century.
We are seeking a part-time Volunteering Advisor to join our small, friendly team in Central Milton Keynes.
Find out more and apply today!